G'Day Mates!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 24: Sunday April 5

    Happy Easter! My Sunday was quite lovely, even if it did have a bumpy start. Terri and I got up early and headed down to the park café to stream the MSU vs. Duke game from NCAA.com. Unfortunately I learned a new word when I tried this: “geoblocking.” Basically, it means “hey I know you have a login to access this website’s special features so that you can view things but since you happen to be in another country, we’re gonna go ahead and say no.” If I weren’t in another country, I wouldn’t need to stream it people! So basically I wasn’t thrilled with that answer. So, I did what I do best: googled how to get what I wanted. And, as it always does, google came through and I was able to download a certain something to trick the website into thinking I was somewhere else. I’m not sure how exactly it works or how permissible it is so better not to ask questions. Unfortunately since our connection is low, we could only get the audio but hey, it was something.
    In the end though, it turned out to be somewhat for naught (not because we lost, which does suck but hey, we made it this far) but because during halftime I got a video chat from my (soon to be) sister-in-law, Amanda, and I spent the rest of the game talking to them. This was awesome because I haven’t been able to talk to her or any of my in-laws this whole time. I haven’t even talked to or seen Adam, only texted, so I was pretty excited. My nephews, Dominic and Noah, were adorable and singing songs to me and told me all about Mario kart and I was able to chat a bit with Adam’s parents, Kevin and Lorrie, and even my love himself. All in all, pretty great start to the day.
    After this I headed back to the villa and when I got to the door, I saw that the Easter bunny had found me, even thousands of miles away from home. Well, an Easter bunny named Terri.

 I spent the afternoon cleaning, working a bit, and relaxing plenty before Terri and I headed out for our girls night: going to see Cinderella! This was the one and only time I’ve caved on my no pop rule because I had to get a freezee to go with my popcorn! Except they didn’t have Blue Raspberry and I was baffled. Like who gave you the right? And they didn’t have extra butter! I even asked and the woman was so confused and just said, “why do you need extra?” The only answer I could think of? “I’m American.” Moving on, we headed to our seats—and when I say ‘our’ seats, I mean our ASSIGNED seats. Yes, that’s right, we had assigned seats at the movie theater. When we bought our tickets, she asked where we would like to sit. It was strange. Luckily I picked good seats so I was okay with it. As for the movie itself, it was really good! I was a little worried that they might mess it up but they did actually a great job. I won’t say much because I don’t want to spoil it but the stuff they somewhat added in made such a big difference. My only complaint is that they didn’t use any of the songs from the original soundtrack. I mean there was no actual singing but even for background songs. Either way, it was a nice end to the holiday and when I got home, I kicked back and enjoyed my relaxing evening before heading to bed.