G'Day Mates!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 22: Friday April 3

   Happy Good Friday! And what a good Friday it was. No school, since it was holiday, and I had the villa to myself, since my roommates and some of the other group members flew to Cairns for the weekend to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. Now, don't get me wrong, I would've loved to go but the money just wasn't there. On the plus side, this means that I, for the first time this trip, have a few days to actually relax, which is why I didn't get out of bed until about 3:45 pm today. Well, I got up to get breakfast around 9:30 am, but just took it back to bed with me. I didn't feel guilty because the weather wasn't all that great but also because I just needed it. We've been go, go, go this whole trip. I did get out of the house once today though. Terri stopped by and we made a trip to the mall. Turns out though that everything is closed on Good Friday so we grabbed a sandwich at a place called Grill'd (I had a Caesar's palace, which was amazing) and went back to the park. Interesting moment: on our way back, we passed a dug and alcohol testing checkpoint. Like in the middle of the day on Good Friday, outside the city. It was so random! There were 6 cop cars, which is the most I've seen this entire time here. Either way, we made it back and I spent the rest of the night just relaxing and enjoying some alone time.