G'Day Mates!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 20: Wednesday April 1

    I did not want to get up today. I still wasn't feeling all that great (re: vomiting yesterday from possibly bad food), I'd been awake since 5 am when my roommates alarm goes off, and before that I had been awake from 1 am-4 am, when my roommate had gotten home and decided to cook food. Unfortunately she apparently has never learned to do anything quietly and this resulted in me being woken up. And of course when that happens, it's very difficult for me to fall back asleep. Instead I got to think about our plane crashing into the ocean and me actually surviving only to be eaten by sharks. The point here is that I did not want to get up. But, being the diligent student and teacher that I am, I did. I picked the easiest outfit and headed to the bus. Though I did realize this is the first day I didn't take my vitamins in the morning. I was on a roll! Disregarding all this, I eventually got to school and headed to my favorite class: year 10 English. And, for some added fun, Beats was gone today which meant that I got to teach class. Again. Except on my own. For a double lesson. Can you say terrified? We're still on poetry and today's goal was just to get them to write a lot of poems. We learned about various types of poems (limericks, acrostic, kennings, haikus, etc) and shared. They had to have at least 4-5 poems by the time they left.

One I wrote about them as an example:
        There once was a class of year tens
        Who found themselves in trouble when
        They thought they were too cool
        To do their assignments for school
       And had to take all their classes again

One we wrote as a whole class:
       There once was a small kiddie goat
       Who got a frog stuck in his throat
       He coughed really hard
       And was so caught off guard
       And now he's a furry wool coat
       (he died)

    After that we had Link again and to be honest, I couldn't be all that bothered about whether or not they were working on their portfolios. But one of them did show me some pretty cool BMX videos. I know, I know, it's not academic and on task but you know what? Everyone needs a little break sometimes.
    After school we had class at the uni again. We grabbed some dinner but this time I went for a chicken Caesar salad because I was feeling a bit pizza-ed out (don't tell Adam). Today's class was on resumes, references, and cover letters. Luckily I've been working on these since like last September so it was easy. We took a short break for cake because it was Eric's birthday (it's also my brother-in-law, Kyle's, birthday so celebrations all around). I was pretty much ready to do though so I encouraged us to pack up so I could go to bed.