G'Day Mates!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 14: Thursday March 26

    Today I got to meet my real teacher, Melissa Beattie, and she is amazing! Not that I don't love my other Mel, but Beats had a more similar teaching style to my own. She's very funny and likes to joke around and tease the kids, but also has the authority and respect of the classroom that the students know when it's time to work. She has developed excellent relationships with her students so there is an equal amount of give and take between them. She's also just a really good teacher. She knows how to breakdown explanations for her students and understands where they might struggle. Since I have a new teacher, this means I also had new classes, some of whom I got to meet today. I met the year 10 English advanced class, which is wildly different than our previous year 10 English, since they are foundation. I also met a new Link class and overall some new students.
Mel and I
    Today was also the day that our "new" supervisor came in. CMU sets it up so that one professor brings you here and halfway through goes home then another comes and takes you back. So Teri flew in and we celebrated by having dinner at the Duxton. It was a nice welcome dinner.